How To Get A Mechanic Job With Visa Sponsorship In USA
If you are a mechanic and you are want to move to the United States, then you saw this article right in time.
Mechanics are among the trade jobs that are in demand in the United States and so it won’t be difficult getting a mechanic job in the country.
But do you know that you could get a mechanic job with a visa sponsorship to enable you move to the US easily and start working?
For you to work as a mechanic in the US, you will need to first find a company who might hire you through sponsorship but you shouldn’t fret about this as we are going to take you through the process in this post.
So without further ado, let’s proceed…
Who Is A Mechanic?
According to Wikipedia, a mechanic is an artisan, skilled tradesperson or technician who uses tools to build, maintain or repair machinery. A mechanic is usually certified by a trade association or regional government power.
Mechanics can be broken down into different classes like the heavy equipment mechanic, race car mechanics, aircraft mechanic, auto body mechanics, service technicians, auto glass mechanics, diesel mechanic, tire mechanic, general automotive mechanic, brake and transmission technicians and brake transmission technicians.
Each of these types of mechanics have their distinctive duties although their qualifications and training might be the same to an extent.
What Does A Mechanic Do?
We have told you that there are different specializations of mechanics but here, we will be talking about the general duties of a mechanic and they are:
- Conducting repairs aiming for maximum reliability
- Building and constructing machines or mechanical components according to requirements
- Troubleshooting reported problems and fixing them in a timely manner.
- Perform rigorous maintenance on machinery, equipment and systems,
- Inspecting machines, engines, transmission and also running diagnostic test to discover functionality issues.
- Clean and apply lubricants to machinery components.
- Providing seminars on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine or vehicle users.
- Replacing fluids and components of engines and machinery.
About the US Automotive Industry
There are many ways to land a mechanic job in the US but some of these jobs may require sponsorship from an employer in the US.
The best way to get a mechanic job in the US is to have a prior experience and good qualifications. You can find mechanic jobs online or through classified ads or you can even try contacting rental car companies, car dealers, and businesses that need and use mechanics.
You can also take up courses and training offered by vocational or trade schools to get experience and skills if you don’t have it.
When we talk about sponsorship, it means that a company or organization has agreed to hire you as mechanic without or with experience or qualifications.
Well, in this article, we will be talking about the how you could get mechanic job with visa sponsorship. So follow through till the end of article…
Requirements To Get A Mechanic Job In USA
Mechanic jobs are in demand in the US and for you to get a mechanic job in the US, you will need to meet some requirements and they are:
- You will need a degree in automotive engineering or a related field.
- You will need some years of work experience as a mechanic
- You must have a certification from one of the major automotive organisations.
- You must have good communication and problem solving skills.
- You must be able to pass a background check and also proof that you have insurance cover.
It is very important that you meet these requirements if you want to get a mechanic job in the US and sometimes, companies look for candidates who are familiar with their brand of vehicle.
So after meeting up with these requirements, you can proceed to preparing your resume and you will have to make sure your resume best describes your qualifications and work experience as this is the first information your employer has about you.
How To Get A Mechanic Job In The US With Visa Sponsorship
Many mechanical companies and organisations in US can use the H-2-B visas to hire foreign mechanics as the program was created to help employers in the US fill up labour shortages in the country.
For you to get a mechanic job with visa sponsorship in the US, you will have to meet the following requirements:
- Certification from one of the top mechanic’s organizations
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Must have a degree in automotive engineering or related field
- Must have some years of work experience
- Must undergo background check and proof of your insurance coverage.
How To Apply For Mechanic Jobs With Visa Sponsorship In USA
The United States Citizenship and Immigration Service has created programs through which employers, companies and organizations in the country can hire foreign workers to come fill up labour shortages in the country.
Any company that is lacking workers can go through the H1B visa program to sponsor a non-immigrant worker.
Here are the steps you should follow in applying for a mechanic job with visa sponsorship in the US:
- Prepare your resume and other document and submit it online.
- Once you have been accepted, your employer will then submit an appeal for sponsorship to the United States citizenship immigration service.
- This step will only be taken when your employer must have decided your payment rate.
- Then a labour condition application will be submitted to the DOL for certification.
- Your employer or organization must register with the United State Citizenship immigration service for the EW-3 lottery selection to be taken.
- Your employer will then complete the submission or 1-129 forms to the USICS for beneficiaries to be done.
- After all these have been done, you will be prompted to apply for a visa with the job offer letter sent to you.
The EB3 Visa
Do you know that you can use the EB3 visa to immigrate to the US and work as a mechanic?
This visa is given to people who qualify to work in the country. The visa is an Employment Based Immigrant Visa that allows foreign workers who have found an employer that wants to hire them to come to the US to live and work permanently without an Employment Authorization Document.
The EB3 visa is allows three groups of workers to move to the US and they are:
Skilled workers who have completed at least two years of job experience and training.
Professionals who can prove that they have a higher educational degree or its equivalent such as a Bachelor’s Degree
Unskilled workers who have less than 2 years of work experience or training. Unskilled workers get the EW-3 visa.
The EB3 visas is limited in number of visas per year and out of the total of 140,000 immigrant visas issued for employment category, 28.6% or around 40,040 visas are allocated for the EB3. If this quota is reached for the year, the rest of the applicants will have to wait till next year.
With the EB3 visa, the foreign workers can move to the US to live there permanently and work without having to obtain an Employment Authorization Document (EAD). You can switch employers and job positions after few years of working on that job and you can also get Green Card after a few years.
For you to be eligible for the EB3, you must have a valid and permanent job offer from a US employer and meet the qualifications and requirements for the job description in terms of the level of education and job experience.
The US employer that will be sponsoring you as a foreign worker will also need to prove that there is no US citizen or worker available for the job and that they are financially stable to pay the foreign worker.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are mechanics in demand in USA?
There is a demand for automotive service technicians and mechanics. There are over 69,000 openings for automotive service technicians and mechanics in the country although this is presumed to be small compared to that of some other jobs.
- How much does a mechanic earn in USA?
A mechanic can earn around USD40,034 to USD46,845 on the average per year.
- What type of mechanic gets paid the most?
The mechanics that get the highest salaries are the aircraft mechanics that repair aircrafts. According to BLS, they earn around USD65,349 on the average per year.
If you are looking to work as a mechanic in the US, then this article is for you. We have extensively talked about how to get mechanic jobs with visa sponsorship in the US.
Do well to find a Mechanic’s Association representative who will guide you through the process of applying for sponsorship and getting your status as an apprentice approved.
Do miss out on this opportunity as you can start your application now.
Sleekfood.com- mechanic jobs in USA with sponsorship
Visaguide.world – EB3 visa
Shopfortool.com – mechanic jobs in usa with visa sponsorship
Wikipedia – who is a mechanic