Finance Manager at Carbon Nigeria
Carbon is a pan-African digital bank with a mission to provide friction-free finance to its customers. Carbon promises to play a fundamental role in its customers’ lives wherever they are, with flexible solutions. We pride ourselves on our efficiency and with just $10mm of equity raised in 2015, we have disbursed over $100m in loans and earned more than $30mm in revenue over the last 2 years. Carbon has operations in Ghana, Kenya, and Nigeria, supported by a talented team spread between Lagos, Nairobi, London, Argentina, and Palo Alto so we operate with a remote-first mindset.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Employment: Type Full-Time
This role reports to: The Managing Director
- The Finance Manager performs all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, liquidity management, and the development of internal control policies and procedures.
- He/she will ensure the availability of all financial information required to support management and other stakeholders in strategic decision-making.
- The role will also support business development initiatives.
- Develop and provide timely, accurate, and appropriate financial statements and reports for all users under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and create and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, tax management, accounts payable and receivable, credit controls, and petty cash.
- Budgeting and financial forecasting- Drive the company’s financial planning Analysis and Interpret same to management
- Control and drive the company’s fundraising plans and capital structure
- Maintain liquidity and ensure cashflow is sufficient for company operations
- Decide on Investment strategies considering cash and liquidity risks
- Prepare supporting information for the annual audit exercise and liaise with external auditors as necessary.
- Manage and supervise other finance personnel such as financial analysts
- Formulate policies for budget and forecast preparation; assist other departments in budget creation; prepare the annual company budget, monitor and report on variances.
- Oversee the administration of all leases, contracts, and other financial obligations.
- Compute key business metrics and report on them to management; create additional analyses and reports as requested.
Key Accountability Areas & Time Allocation:
- Financial Accounting and Reporting – 35%
- Financial Analysis – 40%
- Funds Management, Budgeting & Financial Modelling – 25%
- Member of a professional body such as ACA, ACCA, or CFA is required
- Strong financial Modeling skills is required
- Registration with or certifications are required to register with the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria.
- 5 – 7 years experience: At least 3 years compulsory Audit/Financial Reporting experience
- Sound IFRS knowledge.
- Experience in developing and documenting processes, policies, and procedures is essential.
- Management Accounting, financial planning, monitoring, and performance management.
- Liquidity management experience
- Power BI, SQL, and knowledge of IFRS 9 is an added advantage.
- A great and upbeat work environment populated by a multinational team.
- Potential to work in different geographies.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance
- Career development & Growth.
- Offers a remote working option.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interview with the People team
- Case Study ( Assessment)