Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Manager at FairMoney
FairMoney is building the leading mobile bank for emerging markets. We started with a digital microcredit application on Android, and currently roll out additional financial services (current account, savings, debit card) while expanding the product to Western Africa and South-East Asia.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinating environmental and social initiatives and compliance with the law and regulatory requirements.
- Provide guidance to internal teams on sustainability programs, risks, and opportunities including ESG due diligence.
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring a corporate-level Environmental & Social Management System (ESMS), which will be implemented in all business areas, across all operational levels.
- Coordinating with teams in all business areas to ensure adherence to the ESMS frameworks.
- Coordinating and working with the HR teams and business leaders across all regions we operate in.
- Monitor performance towards ESG goals and publish periodic reports on ESG and the impact created by FairMoney.
Framework Adherence Role:
- Support in driving the sustainability and ESG agenda, objectives, goals, and programs by coordinating with different business units
- Monitor the effectiveness of implementing the appropriate Policies, Processes, Procedures, and Guides and provide for their updating in line with changes in laws, regulations, and corporate directives
- Review corporate activities and ensure compliance with E&S Policies, Management Plans, and Procedures.
- Provide guidance and advice to the Country HR teams on the requirements of identifying and implementing local E&S-related laws and regulations and monitor compliance.
- Support the Management in driving the education, communication, training, and implementation of the ESG Policies. across the company in all operational areas, including its associated business activities, sub-contractors, and supply chains, where relevant.
Risk Management Role:
- Work with various business regions to identify E&S-related compliance & risks.
- Develop the appropriate strategies to make sure the company is compliant with ESG regulations.
- Address the E&S risks and their potential impacts.
- Carry out E&S risk assessments through support from local Country HR teams.
- Prepare, organize, and maintain inspection records and investigates complaints and suspected violations.
- Monitor follow-up actions in cases where violations were found, and review compliance monitoring reports.
- Bachelor / Master’s in a relevant field (e.g. Economics, Public Policy, International Politics, Business).
- Experience working in (or demonstrated passion for) ESG compliance, social responsibility, or sustainability issues.
- 4+ years of experience in the ESG domain.
- Experience in setting up ESMS at a Fintech.
- Experience in measuring impact and financial inclusion.
- Good networking & skills to liaise with shareholders & leadership.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work successfully in an ambiguous and fast-moving environment, to meet tight deadlines.
- Fintech and/or experience working in emerging markets / developing economies would be favorable.
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Work From Home
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- A screening interview with one of the members of the Talent Acquisition team for 30 minutes.
- Technical interview with the Hiring Manager for 45-60 minutes.
- Interview with the relevant stake holders for 45 minutes.