Electrical Engineer (Data Centre) at Royal HaskoningDHV
Royal HaskoningDHV is an independent consultancy which integrates 140 years of engineering expertise with digital technologies and software solutions. We are solving the complex challenges facing businesses and societies all over the world. We also support clients in their digital transformation. Our role is important in the efficient functioning of society. We design, safeguard, and maintain the built environment – from infrastructure, mobility and buildings to energy, water supplies and industrial sites.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Engineer (Data Centre)
- The global digital revolution is bringing prosperity to more and more countries and regions, benefiting millions of people. Data Centres make this 21st century transformation possible and reliable systems and continuity are crucial.
- From the pioneering stage, we have been involved in the emergence and development of Data Centres and other important facilities.
- Our aim is to ensure that customer investments in Data Centres, anywhere in the world, deliver a reliable and profitable end result.
- Our Mission Critical Facilities (MCF) Data Centre team is well established and partners with some of the largest and leading Data Centre providers and users across the globe, ranging from Europe, Africa, Asia and the UK.
- We have offices and teams in The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, the UK and South Africa.
What you will do as an Electrical Engineer (Data Centre)
- Efficiently engineer and model design using technical and 3D/BIM modelling skills
- Engineering the electrical design in project teams under the guidance of the Lead Engineer
- Develop diagrams of the electrical installation and coordinate with other disciplines for the initial space reservations
- Modelling the electrical installation in 3D Revit/BIM based on diagrams and coordinated space reservation
- Implement your knowledge based on functionality, mountability, accessibility and maintainability into the model to ensure that the contractor can build it according to our model without revising it.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team across borders.
- In addition to participating in projects, contribute to the optimization of internal business processes and to safeguarding and sharing knowledge within the field.
What you bring
- B.Sc / B.Eng Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Progress towards professional registration with COREN will be advantageous
- Minimum experience, knowledge & skills:
- Minimum of 3 years post graduate relevant, multi-disciplinary experience, preferably within a consulting engineering environment
- BIM and Revit experience are non-negotiable.
- BIM360, Revizto, Dynamo and Python experience are advantageous.
- Proven experience in the electrical engineering field with an in-depth knowledge of Electrical Building Services, Electrical
- Design and Electrical Regulations.
- Experience with data centres / mission-critical facilities advantageous
- A thorough knowledge of the OHS Act, pertinent SANS and IEC codes and standards and industry practices.
- Enthusiastic, go-getter attitude
- Accurate and detail oriented with good organisational skills (plan and prioritise)
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and handle pressure
- Excellent communication skills (at all levels and across cultures)
- Excellent team relationship skills
- The ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
Where you will work:
- You will become part of our global Mission Critical Facilities (MCF) team, who provide a multidisciplinary package of consultancy services for our data center clients. We provide strategic, tactical, and operational advice to our clients, including colocation datacentres, internet service providers, and telecom companies.
- Our team consists of colleagues with all kinds of different expertise. For example, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, construction, civil, structure, building, architecture, fire safety, control engineering, and security technology. Together we use our knowledge and expertise to develop integrated designs for Data Centres.
- You will join a leading market and work with a dedicated and passionate team ranked as one of the best Data Centre design & engineering teams globally. You will join the Industry & Buildings Advisory Group, which forms part of our Business Line in Nigeria. You will be based at our Lagos office.
What we offer you
- As a worldwide engineering firm, we are ambitious, exciting, lively, collaborative and dynamic. We are making a difference to society and technological progress across the globe. That’s how our colleagues describe our company. Want to contribute to enhancing society with your expertise? Be part of an open network where you’re connected with the brightest and smartest people and technologies? Join us!
- You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with development opportunities to support your career path.
- Entrepreneurship and innovation are stimulated in our organization.
- There is plenty of room for own initiative in an open and flexible culture.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online